You may initiate a return for an item(s) within 30 days of purchase for a refund. Returns outside of our 30 day general return policy will not be accepted. Online returns may NOT be returned to a store. Refunds will be applied to your account once the item has been received and inspected through our warehouse. The customer is solely responsible for return shipping.
- Must be in resalable condition.
- Must be free from scratches and/or defects.
- Must not have been installed.
- Must be in the original manufacturer’s box and packaging.
- There not have any writing on the original product packaging.
- Must not be missing pieces.
- Clearance items are not returnable.
- Appliances, bathroom furniture and toilet seats are not returnable.
- Nonstock items are not returnable.
- Items marked “showroom display sale” are sold “as is” and not returnable.
To request a Return Goods Authorization (RGA), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All products are subject to the manufacturer’s warranty.
- If an item is found to be defective within 60 days of delivery and prior to installation, you can follow our normal returns process and receive a replacement product. You will be billed for the replacement merchandise, and receive credit when the defective item is returned to us.
- If an item is found to be defective after installation, refer to the manufacturer’s warranty for filing a claim. If you need help contacting a manufacturer, let us know and we will be happy to assist you.
- To process a claim for defective merchandise, you may be required to provide pictures to forward to the manufacturer.
- Edelman is not responsible for any labor costs related to handling, installing or uninstalling defective merchandise or any consequential damage resulting from defective merchandise.
Shipping Damages, Shortages and Shipping Errors
All responsibility and risk of loss transfers to the buyer after a package is delivered. When receiving merchandise via Common Carrier, inspect all boxes carefully. If a box is torn or damaged, open the box immediately and inspect the merchandise in front of the driver. If the merchandise is damaged, do not accept the merchandise. Sign the bill of lading “Refused due to damage”. Email us at email@example.com immediately. We can process a replacement order or issue a full refund.
When receiving merchandise that was shipped via Common Carrier, you must inspect the merchandise for concealed damage or sign the bill of lading “Subject to Inspection”. If concealed damage is found after delivery, you must file a claim directly with the Carrier within 24 hours of receipt of merchandise. DO NOT DISCARD the damaged material. Once reported, the damaged material is the property of the carrier and they have 30 days to decide if they wish to inspect, pick-up or discard the material. Keep all original packaging material.
Shortage on Delivery
Carefully check your merchandise against the packing list to ensure you received all of the items listed. If there are any shortages, you must notify us within three (3) days.
You have three (3) days to report a shipping error upon receipt of merchandise.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a Return Goods Authorization (RGA).
- We will ship you the correct item at our expense.
- You will be billed for the new item. Upon receipt of the incorrect item, we will credit your account for the cost of the item and the return shipping expense.
How to Return an Item
- Email us at email@example.com to receive a Return Goods Authorization number (RGA). Once you have set up your return, you will be emailed an RGA number and the return shipping address within 5 business days.
- Your package must contain all of the original packing materials, manuals and accessories. Include the Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number on the outside of the mailing box so that we can issue a refund.
- Return the item via UPS or insured parcel post for proof of delivery. Make sure that items are packed securely to avoid damage during shipment.
- If an item is returned and it is not eligible for a refund, we will advise you and you may have the item returned to you at your expense. If we don’t hear from you within 30 days of notification, the merchandise will be deemed abandoned.
How We Issue Refunds
- Once an item is received by edelmanhome.com and processed for a refund, we will notify you via email. All returns require a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number. It is important to include the RGA number on the exterior mailing package in order to receive a timely refund.
- You are responsible for return freight charges unless we made a shipping error or the item received was defective.
- We are not responsible for labor costs due to the installation of wrong or defective parts.
- Please allow up to 14 days for us to process the return. Refunds will be credited to the original purchasing credit card. If you paid via check, please allow an additional 7 -14 days for delivery of the check via USPS.